We're Hiring an Account Executive in Vancouver
Job Title: Account Executive
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
IX Solutions is your trusted IT partner, connecting people with technology tailored to meet their business needs. We help our clients effectively leverage modern technology and embrace digital transformation to achieve their critical business outcomes.
IX Solutions exists to create long-term relationships with passionate people, clients and employees, achieving exceptional business solutions. We go the extra mile to deliver a positive customer experience and deliver trusted solutions that are flexible to meet client business needs. Founded in 2018, our company supports clients across Western Canada from remote offices in Calgary, Vancouver and the BC Interior.
This role is intended for a dynamic individual excited about the opportunity to use technology to help drive customer success while building a successful business with a collaborative and customer-centric culture.
Account Executives at IX Solutions are relied on to be a key conduit to clients and help IX Solutions understand their business requirements to best align the products and services we offer with those needs. We rely on our Account Executives to have a strong understanding of the sales process, excel at generating leads, build lasting relationships with new and existing clients, and ultimately drive deeper engagement with clients leveraging the products and services we offer.
IX Solutions is committed to helping employees grow and develop within the organization, so the responsibilities below may be adjusted periodically to align with employee goals or aptitudes while supporting overall business objectives.
What You’ll Do Here
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and assist in the identification of potential new sales opportunities
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage sales cycle to close new business in all service categories offered
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and be able to conduct demos and relay objection handling
- Prepare professional, complete, concise and accurate reports, proposals, booking packages, and other documentation as required for executive-level presentations
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and developing/refining a defined selling process with potential buyers, often utilizing product demos and presentations
- Coordinate with IX Solutions sales leadership to ensure company standards are being met, performing market research and regular competitor monitoring if needed
- Work with leadership team to identify appropriate vendors for partnership and foster strong relationships with those vendors
- Assist with the development of proposals and other pre-sales exercises, including the presentation of technologies and solution proposals to clients and prospective clients
- Provide feedback to support developing, defining or improving solution offerings for customers
- Participate in trade shows and other business development exercises
- Other duties as required by the Employer, such as the completion of expense reports and timesheets
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Strong sales knowledge of technologies from vendors such as Palo Alto Networks, Citrix, Rubrik, Dell, Lenovo, Cisco, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while seeking new opportunities
- Ability to understand client needs and negotiate costs and services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM software and an aptitude for learning new systems
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects
Accountabilities, Tasks and Duties
- Understand and interpret customer needs to provide excellent service levels
- Develop strong and lasting customer relationships with key clients
- Complete Sales focused certification exams and complete training as appropriate to demonstrate skillset to clients and foster strong vendor relationships
- Communicate in an open, helpful manner and build relationships across the organization
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff and cross-functional teams to develop joint solutions
- Foster a collaborative work environment and culture
- Challenge the status quo
- Take personal accountability and provide end to end ownership of a solution or obstacle
- Be willing to put in the effort when it really counts
- Create accurate and effective documentation and develop standards
- Engage with team and demonstrate commitment to alignment with the organizational mission and corporate values
- Other duties as required, such as the timely completion of expense reports and timesheets
- Ability to travel occasionally for business purposes
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
- Hold a valid Driver’s License and vehicle
- Proficient English (written/verbal) communication in a business setting
The Account Executive position is a full-time salaried and commission-based position. Compensation is commensurate with skills, experience and abilities.
IX Solutions is pleased to offer remote work opportunities for our employees, however we do require our employees to live in Alberta or British Columbia, Canada. Preference will be given to candidates who reside in Alberta or British Columbia.